Friday, March 5, 2010




So, my friend Dayna brought over this great book the other day called "Junk Chic." It is really cool. Anyway, there was this picture of a bathroom cabinet that the author created by painting a scene with a meadow/trees and a sky. I loved it instantly. I get these overwhelming feelings of inspiration sometimes and this was one of them.
Well, earlier that day I had seen a plain old ugly $15 dresser on Craigslist along with a bunch of other furniture for sale by the same people. As soon as I saw the "Junk Chic" picture, I immediately thought of that dresser and how I could turn it into something like my inspiration. It must have been a miracle because when the dresser guy finally called me back, somebody had come and bought everything he had for sale except the ugly dresser.
Here it is, I think I like it. And in my defense, if anyone is concerned about the hardware, I understand and I had reservations at first too. But the "Junk Chic" lady used the SAME exact hardware on hers and I didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me.
And, of course I forgot to take a before picture until I had already primed.

No comments:

Post a Comment