Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Moving and Transforming


This is going to be a major transformation! Tough times in the economy and I am getting ready to move out of my lovely and large French Country chateau and into a 1998 cookie-cutter-track-house that I've been using as a rental. I bought it new, but 12 years later it has seen better days. So, many things are going to have to be redone, replaced, refinished, re-everythinged! Originally I was just going to hire a crew to return it to its former glory, (which is not very glorious) but as I researched the internet and found out how much everything was going to cost just to restore mediocrity, I have decided to do the work myself and make this average little house into a lovely petit maison a la Provencal!
A little paint, a little toile, and a lot of work lay ahead but it'll be fun to see the evolution!


2 comments:

  1. Ok, so let me know if I can spend a week with you and help or something! This looks so fun- are we sick?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! You should so come out! I have a plan ready to execute for every surface of this house! Haha, though, I wish you were coming to stay in the guest house at my house right now instead! Oh, well, It's going to be so fun to make something out of nothing!

    ReplyDelete